sestdiena, augusts 23, 2008

Another 800 hands

Greetings from Hydra!

Well, since my last update, thanks partly to the availability of the Hydranet, a WiFi network covering the residential area of the island, I have played between 6 and 7 hours at PokerStars 6-max tables, in the NLHE games with $1/$2 blinds (these are known as "$200NL" because the buy-in to sit at the table is $200). This represented 800 hands, give or take, and my bankroll is unchanged, more or less: I have paid in $1,820 ($340 to start and $1,480 later to bring it up to $2,000) and remain on just a fraction over $2,000.

I hope I am playing in the right games to get useful experience without paying a fortune for it. The standard of play is variable, but overall quite a lot better than I expected. I am told that some serious players sometimes play $200NL by way of "light relief" and that the standard is considerably higher than in an equivalently-staked live game; so I can't complain. I am playing at only one table, to try to watch the game fairly closely.

Nav komentāru: