trešdiena, augusts 20, 2008

A slight change of plan ...

Greetings from Greece!

A valued and respected online friend of mine who plays this game professionally and very successfully has very kindly been giving me a lot of advice over the last couple of days.

My original $340 deposit has gradually crept up to just over $500 now, from bits of profit in low-stake NL games (I am fairly regularly turning a $10 table-stake into $15 against weak opponents but not really learning anything much from it) and quite a few low-stake sit 'n' go wins and second places (I do enjoy those). But sometimes friends tell you what you need to hear, which in this instance was that I should be learning the game by playing in $1/$2 ($200 buy-in) 6-max NL games (6 players at the table instead of 9/10 - slightly more aggressive games, and more educational). My own limited experience of watching had suggested that this is the way to learn the game, anyway. So, for the moment, my sit 'n' go plans may go on the back burner, much though I enjoy them, because you should not do too many different things at once. I will deposit another $1,500 to have ten buy-ins available for the $1/$2 NL games (yes, I know you should really have more like 20-30 buy-ins in your account, but I can attend to that later if needed, and to be honest I don't mind paying to learn anyway, and can afford to).

Also to be attended to: re-read one of Sklansky's books and (at least) the first volume of "Harrington on Cash Games".

I have read the SAGE system mentioned down below, and will write about it shortly, but probably postpone the rest of my study of Collin Moshman's sit 'n' go book for the moment. I need to learn this game properly. But not necessarily this week, because I'm on holiday anyway. Further updates follow ...

Nav komentāru: