trešdiena, oktobris 15, 2008

A bit of an update ...

Eew, I can hardly believe how long it is since I updated my blog! ...

Since my last entry, with the exception of playing in some "coolers" (single-table SNG's with ten players and five equal prizes for 1st-5th, known at PokerStars as "double or quits", and really very easy money indeed - at least for the lower-stake games, if approached with patience and discipline and without bluffing), all I've been playing is triple-draw.

Mind you, I have played over 10,000 hands now, and shown a profit (mostly when I'm "supposed" be writing up my PhD thesis!). After playing 10,000+ hands, I've now re-read Negreanu, realised I did not understand most of it on an initial reading, and started to understand it. So the plan now is to play about another 10,000 hands and then re-read it for a third time ...

The standard of play in this game at PokerStars is, shall we say, "very mixed".

I'm playing $2/$4 limit when I can, sometimes $1/$2 or $3/$6 if that's what available.

It's really a wonderful game, much more intricate and skilful than it looks at first, second or third glance, and very interesting. Meanwhile, I will - as they say - "draw to smooth hands"!

Nav komentāru: